* BP: A contract worker died after falling from a scaffold at company's BP.L 430,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) Whiting, Indiana, refinery on Wednesday, a source familiar with the accident said. GLENCORE: Glencore GLEN.L warehouse unit Access World was mostly to blame for $32 million of losses from a complex metals fraud, but broker Marex Spectron will have pay most of the bill to French bank Natixis CNAT.PA , a UK judge ruled on Wednesday. PREMIER OIL: A consortium led by Talos Energy TALO.N and Premier Oil PMO.L has given up a Mexican oil contract in the Gulf of Mexico's shallow waters due to lack of commercial discovery, three sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters on Wednesday. ROYAL DUTCH SHELL: Royal Dutch Shell Plc RDSa.L began the restart of the hydrocracker at its 225,300 barrel per day (bpd) Norco, Louisiana, refinery on Wednesday, said sources familiar with plant operations. GOLD: Gold prices extended their gains on Thursday as weaker-than-expected U.S. jobs data reinforced global economic slowdown fears and raised expectations of further monetary policy easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve. OIL: Oil futures rebounded on Thursday, reversing losses earlier in the day, as fears over the worsening global economic outlook that hit prices hard in the previous session gave way to modest hopes for progress in resolving the U.S.-China trade war. EX-DIVS: British American Tobacco (JO: SNHJ ) BATS.L , British Land Company BLND.L , Kingfisher KGF.L , Rightmove RMV.L , DS Smith SMDS.L , Smith & Nephew SN.L , Taylor Wimpey TW.L and WPP WPP.L will trade without entitlement to its latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 7.8 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue chip index closed down 3.2% lower on Wednesday as an overhang from weak U.S. manufacturing data rekindled global growth worries and cast a shadow over markets, while investors scrambled for more clarity as Brexit looms. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
SNI.OL Q3 2019 Earnings Release Newmark Security PLC
NWMS.L Full Year 2019 Earnings
Release Strategic Equity Capital PLC
Full Year 2019 Earnings
Release Rosslyn Data Technologies PLC
RDTR.L Full Year 2019 Earnings
Release Pacific Horizon Investment Trust PLC PHI.L
Full Year 2019 Earnings
Release ICG Enterprise Trust PLC
ICGT.L Half Year 2020 Earnings
Release Photo-Me International PLC
PHTM.L Trading Statement Release CMC Markets PLC
CMCX.L Q2 2020 Pre-Close Trading
HY Results Hyyve Group
HYVE.L Q4 Trading Update
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.