Oct 30 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 7 points lower at 7,299 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers
* STANDARD CHARTERED: Standard Chartered STAN.L reported that third-quarter profit rose a better-than-expected 16%, as a surge in business from corporate clients helped the bank weather unrest in its core market of Hong Kong and global trade tensions. BP: BP Plc BP.L wants to be part of an effort to build up natural gas infrastructure in Brazil, an executive said on Tuesday, and believes a power plant it is building in Rio de Janeiro could eventually be supplied by gas from offshore oilfields here. ROYAL MAIL: UK's Royal Mail Plc RMG.L has written to the Communications Workers Union (CWU) saying it will enter into talks "without preconditions" if the union agrees to remove the threat of strike action over the Christmas, the company said on Tuesday. INMARSAT: The British government on Tuesday cleared the acquisition of satellite communications company Inmarsat ISA.L by a private equity consortium after it accepted undertakings given by the acquirer relating to national security. BHP: BHP BHP.AX BHPB.L said its Escondida copper mine, the world's largest, was operating at a "reduced rate" after union workers walked off the job for part of the day on Tuesday in solidarity with the anti-government protest movement across Chile. GOLD: Gold prices firmed as a possible delay in U.S.-China trade deal stalled a rally in equities, while investors shifted focus to a U.S. central bank meeting later in the day where it is expected to cut interest rates. OIL: Oil prices fell as a possible delay in resolving the U.S.-China trade war overshadowed a drop in U.S. crude inventories. The UK blue chip index dipped 0.3%, its biggest daily drop in ten days, as the prospect of a December general election put investors in Britain in a cautious mood, while heavyweight BP slid on lower profits. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Q3 Interim Management Statement Release Next Plc
Q3 Trading Statement Release Computacenter Plc
Q3 Trading Statement Release ConvaTec Group Plc
Q3 Trading Statement Release GlaxoSmithKline Plc
Q3 2019 Earnings Release
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.