Sept 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening up 3 points at 7,274.6 on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ANGLO AMERICAN: Volcan Investments, the family trust of the chairman of diversified miner Vedanta VED.L , on Wednesday said it was increasing its stake in Anglo American AAL.L but did not intend to make a bid for the entire company. HOCHSCHILD MINING: Precious metals miner Hochschild Mining Plc HOCM.L is doubling down on efforts to find early-stage mining projects to acquire and is open to deposits that depart from its focus on silver and gold, the chief executive said on Wednesday. CRH (LON: CRH ) PLC: Irish building materials firm CRH Plc CRH.I said it would buy U.S. cement maker Ash Grove Cement Co ASHG.PK in a $3.5 billion deal to expand in North America. RYANAIR: A significant number of Ryanair RYA.I pilots have rejected a request to work additional days to alleviate a pilot shortage that has caused the cancellation of over 2,000 flights in the coming weeks, a source close to the pilots said on Wednesday. BRITAIN BANKS: Britain is in danger of losing its place in the financial world much in the same way Florence did after its Renaissance heyday, an industry group warned on Thursday. OIL: Oil markets dipped on Thursday, weighed down by rising crude inventories and production in the United States as well as a stronger dollar, which potentially hampers fuel consumption in countries that use other currencies at home. EX-DIVS: Old Mutual OML.L and Taylor Wimpey TW.L will trade without entitlement to their latest dividend pay-out on Thursday, trimming 0.94 points off the FTSE 100 according to Reuters calculations. The UK blue chip FTSE 100 .FTSE index ended the day down 0.1 percent at 7,271.95 points on Wednesday, as a jump in sterling weighed on the index, after unexpectedly buoyant retail data for August prompted investors to prepare for an interest rate hike by the bank of England as early as November. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
Safestyle UK PLC
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Kier Group PLC
Preliminary Q4 2017 Earnings Release Mitchells & Butlers
Pre-Close Trading Statement Release SCISYS PLC
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Brooks Macdonald
Full Year 2017 Earnings Release Mission Marketing
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Quixant PLC
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release Capita PLC
Half Year 2017 Earnings Release IG Group Holdings
Q1 2018 Trading Statement Release
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* 3000 Xtra
: visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.