Sept 30 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 4 points lower at 7,423 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers.
* BARCLAYS: Barclays Plc BARC.L agreed to pay about $6.3 million to settle U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charges it illegally hired relatives and friends of foreign government officials in the Asia-Pacific region to help win or retain investment banking business. BP: BP Plc BP.L is preparing to announce that the British oil company's chief executive officer, Bob Dudley, plans to retire within about 12 months, Sky News reported on Saturday. GSK/AstraZeneca: GlaxoSmithKline GSK.L and AstraZeneca AZN.L both reported trial results that will likely make their competing drugs available to a wider group of ovarian cancer patients, possibly helping GSK catch its rival in a highly contested drug class. GOLD: Gold prices edged lower on Monday, as the dollar firmed on easing fears of an escalation in the U.S.-China trade war after a report that the United States does not currently plan to de-list Chinese companies from U.S. stock markets. OIL: Oil prices edged up on Monday after China's factories unexpectedly ramped up production in September, easing concerns about demand at the world's largest crude importer amid an ongoing trade war with the United States. The UK blue chip index closed up more than 1% on Friday, as exporters were bolstered by an ailing pound after a Bank of England policymaker hinted at an interest rate cut, while hopes of a U.S-China trade deal also lifted the mood. UK CORPORATE DIARY:
NETC.L FY 2019 Earnings Release Yourgene Health PLC
YGEN.L FY 2019 Earnings Release Octagonal plc
FY 2019 Earnings Release London Finance & Investment Group PLC
FY 2019 Earnings Release Marble Point Loan Financing Ltd
MPLF.L HY 2019 Earnings Release APQ Global Ltd
HY 2019 Earnings Release Corero Network Security PLC
CNSP.L HY 2019 Earnings Release President Energy PLC
PPTC.L HY 2019 Earnings Release Xtract Resources PLC
HY 2019 Earnings Release Goldplat PLC
GLDP.L FY 2019 Earnings Release Thruvision Group PLC
FY 2019 Earnings Release PLC
Ariana Resources PLC
ARNR.L HY 2019 Earnings Release Nasstar PLC
NASA.L HY 2019 Earnings Release Strategic Equity Capital PLC
FY 2019 Earnings Release Rosslyn Data Technologies PLC
RDTR.L FY 2019 Earnings Release Block Energy PLC
BLOE.L FY Earnings Release SDX Energy Inc
Q2 2019 Earnings Release Amryt Pharma Holdings Ltd
AMYT.L HY 2019 Earnings Release
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.