United Arab Emirates shares higher at close of trade; DFM General up 0.03%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were higher at the close on Sunday, as gains in the Finance & Investment , Real Estate & Construction and Transport sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.03%, while the ADX General index climbed 0.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which rose 3.38% or 0.070 points to trade at 2.140 at the close. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) added 1.03% or 0.010 points to end at 0.980 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 0.87% or 0.020 points to 2.330 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which lost 6.54% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.000 in late trade. Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) declined 3.47% or 0.010 points to end at 0.278 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 2.67% or 0.018 points to 0.656.
The top performers on the ADX General were Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which rose 5.71% to 7.40, Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was up 2.17% to settle at 0.9400 and Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which gained 1.45% to close at 2.79.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 6.90% to 0.540 in late trade, Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which lost 6.05% to settle at 2.020 and Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 3.94% to 1.950 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 11 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 9 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 5.66% or 3.71 to $69.25 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $75.32 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.05% or 0.60 to trade at $1271.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.48% to 4.2831.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.37% at 94.19.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or