United Arab Emirates shares higher at close of trade; DFM General up 0.14%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Telecoms and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.14% to hit a new 1-month high, while the ADX General index climbed 1.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ), which rose 2.91% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.060 at the close. Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) added 2.88% or 0.011 points to end at 0.393 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 2.53% or 0.017 points to 0.690 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ), which lost 2.24% or 0.050 points to trade at 2.180 in late trade. Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) declined 1.59% or 0.020 points to end at 1.240 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) shed 1.59% or 0.020 points to 1.240.
The top performers on the ADX General were Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which rose 14.13% to 1.050, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 12.70% to settle at 0.710 and Rak Properties (AD: RPRO ) which gained 5.48% to close at 0.770.
The worst performers were Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which was down 9.30% to 0.780 in late trade, Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which lost 1.32% to settle at 2.250 and International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which was down 0.68% to 1.45 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 24 to 10 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 17 rose and 6 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.16% or 0.10 to $61.73 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 0.22% or 0.15 to hit $67.69 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.35% or 4.60 to trade at $1313.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.27% to 4.4249.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.21% at 91.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or