The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which rose 4.65% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.350 at the close. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) added 1.89% or 0.020 points to end at 1.080 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 1.48% or 0.005 points to 0.342 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which lost 2.65% or 0.026 points to trade at 0.954 in late trade. Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) declined 1.54% or 0.080 points to end at 5.100 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 1.44% or 0.060 points to 4.100.
The top performers on the ADX General were Methaq (AD: METH ) which rose 3.95% to 0.790, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was up 3.45% to settle at 0.6000 and Emirates Telec (AD: ETEL ) which gained 1.81% to close at 16.90.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 9.90% to 1.820 in late trade, National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which lost 9.73% to settle at 3.06 and Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was down 8.93% to 1.020 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 15 to 13 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 fell and 7 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 1.33% or 0.97 to $73.91 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 0.34% or 0.26 to hit $77.13 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.23% or 2.90 to trade at $1255.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED rose 0.48% to 4.3147.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.39% at 93.76.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.