United Arab Emirates shares higher at close of trade; DFM General up 0.22%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Insurance and Banking sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General rose 0.22%, while the ADX General index gained 0.34%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 10.05% or 0.190 points to trade at 2.080 at the close. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) added 9.31% or 0.067 points to end at 0.787 and Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ) was up 5.00% or 0.200 points to 4.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which lost 6.33% or 0.042 points to trade at 0.622 in late trade. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) declined 5.09% or 0.110 points to end at 2.050 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 3.66% or 0.023 points to 0.606.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which rose 14.36% to 2.230, Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which was up 13.41% to settle at 2.03 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which gained 7.14% to close at 0.6000.
The worst performers were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was down 9.68% to 1.120 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 8.77% to settle at 0.520 and Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which was down 6.98% to 2.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 20 to 17 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 rose and 11 declined, while 2 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.01% or 0.01 to $72.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.48% or 0.37 to hit $77.83 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.18% or 2.30 to trade at $1253.80 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.26% to 4.2561.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 94.89.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or