The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 4.40% or 0.019 points to trade at 0.451 at the close. Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) added 1.89% or 0.100 points to end at 5.400 and Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) was up 1.20% or 0.110 points to 9.300 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which lost 4.80% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.190 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 3.30% or 0.022 points to end at 0.645 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 1.88% or 0.013 points to 0.677.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which rose 14.77% to 4.430, Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which was up 12.83% to settle at 8.00 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which gained 6.31% to close at 1.180.
The worst performers were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was down 8.25% to 0.8900 in late trade, International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which lost 4.03% to settle at 1.19 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 1.27% to 0.5440 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 14 and 7 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 12 advanced, while 2 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was up 1.89% or 1.32 to $71.12 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 1.48% or 1.16 to hit $79.31 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.76% or 9.20 to trade at $1197.50 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED fell 0.51% to 4.2455.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.47% at 95.52.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.