The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 4.15% or 0.027 points to trade at 0.677 at the close. Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) added 2.64% or 0.007 points to end at 0.272 and Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) was up 1.98% or 0.020 points to 1.030 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which lost 3.77% or 0.035 points to trade at 0.893 in late trade. Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) declined 2.69% or 0.018 points to end at 0.650 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) shed 2.43% or 0.023 points to 0.925.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which rose 5.36% to 2.950, Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was up 5.26% to settle at 2.400 and International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which gained 5.04% to close at 1.25.
The worst performers were Emirates Ins C (AD: EIC ) which was down 9.72% to 6.50 in late trade, National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which lost 8.33% to settle at 0.55 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 7.79% to 0.710 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 14 and 9 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 11 declined, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for October delivery was up 0.55% or 0.38 to $68.91 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in November rose 0.31% or 0.24 to hit $76.53 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.41% or 5.00 to trade at $1209.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.32% to 4.2818.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 94.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.