United Arab Emirates shares higher at close of trade; DFM General up 0.52%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Consumer Staples , Real Estate & Construction and Finance & Investment sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General added 0.52% to hit a new 1-month high, while the ADX General index climbed 0.90%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ), which rose 3.75% or 0.013 points to trade at 0.360 at the close. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) added 2.81% or 0.012 points to end at 0.439 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) was up 2.57% or 0.009 points to 0.359 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 3.85% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.750 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 2.40% or 0.015 points to end at 0.610 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 0.99% or 0.040 points to 4.000.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which rose 6.67% to 3.20, Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which was up 6.38% to settle at 2.500 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 4.09% to close at 0.5850.
The worst performers were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was down 9.91% to 0.882 in late trade, Union Insurance Co PSC (AD: UNIN ) which lost 9.70% to settle at 1.49 and Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was down 9.21% to 4.04 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 15 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 fell and 10 advanced, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 0.23% or 0.17 to $73.42 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 0.31% or 0.26 to hit $82.99 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.52% or 6.20 to trade at $1190.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.01% to 4.2653.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 94.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or