The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which rose 7.92% or 0.080 points to trade at 1.090 at the close. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) added 4.60% or 0.120 points to end at 2.730 and Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) was up 2.07% or 0.050 points to 2.460 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 6.15% or 0.120 points to trade at 1.830 in late trade. Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) declined 2.22% or 0.200 points to end at 8.800 and Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) shed 1.19% or 0.007 points to 0.580.
The top performers on the ADX General were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which rose 11.58% to 1.060, Methaq (AD: METH ) which was up 6.25% to settle at 0.850 and Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which gained 3.70% to close at 0.560.
The worst performers were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was down 9.57% to 1.700 in late trade, National Marine Dredging PSC (AD: NMDC ) which lost 7.14% to settle at 3.250 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 2.53% to 0.7700 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 21 to 15 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 fell and 10 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 0.80% or 0.52 to $65.25 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 0.94% or 0.65 to hit $69.54 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.01% or 0.10 to trade at $1343.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.16% to 4.5669.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 88.91.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.