The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ), which rose 9.60% or 0.092 points to trade at 1.050 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 6.08% or 0.040 points to end at 0.698 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) was up 3.96% or 0.080 points to 2.100 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ), which lost 5.85% or 0.120 points to trade at 1.930 in late trade. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) declined 1.45% or 0.020 points to end at 1.360 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) shed 1.01% or 0.010 points to 0.980.
The top performers on the ADX General were Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which rose 14.94% to 1.000, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 4.29% to settle at 0.7300 and Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which gained 2.93% to close at 2.110.
The worst performers were Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which was down 10.00% to 0.720 in late trade, Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which lost 9.49% to settle at 2.67 and Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was down 7.56% to 1.100 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 25 to 12 and 1 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 rose and 9 declined, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 0.59% or 0.40 to $68.45 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.76% or 0.56 to hit $74.56 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.29% or 3.80 to trade at $1326.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.18% to 4.4750.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.16% at 90.88.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.