The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ), which rose 2.86% or 0.015 points to trade at 0.540 at the close. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) added 2.45% or 0.013 points to end at 0.544 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) was up 2.16% or 0.020 points to 0.945 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which lost 3.23% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.200 in late trade. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) declined 1.96% or 0.020 points to end at 1.000 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) shed 1.58% or 0.030 points to 1.870.
The top performers on the ADX General were Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which rose 14.10% to 0.890, Ad Natl Ins Co (AD: ADNI ) which was up 10.29% to settle at 3.750 and Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which gained 5.19% to close at 1.420.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 2.33% to 0.420 in late trade, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which lost 1.41% to settle at 0.700 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was down 1.28% to 3.850 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 23 to 10 and 9 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 20 rose and 7 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 0.59% or 0.36 to $61.80 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March rose 0.28% or 0.19 to hit $67.81 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.07% or 0.90 to trade at $1321.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.19% to 4.4102.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 91.91.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.