United Arab Emirates shares higher at close of trade; DFM General up 0.59%
Investing.com – United Arab Emirates equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Services , Banking and Real Estate & Construction sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Dubai, the DFM General gained 0.59%, while the ADX General index added 0.53%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ), which rose 3.59% or 0.070 points to trade at 2.020 at the close. Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) added 2.82% or 0.007 points to end at 0.255 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 2.81% or 0.018 points to 0.658 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ), which lost 2.58% or 0.012 points to trade at 0.453 in late trade. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) declined 1.14% or 0.008 points to end at 0.692 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 0.74% or 0.030 points to 4.000.
The top performers on the ADX General were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which unchanged 0.00% to 3.40, Fujairah Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: FCI ) which was unchanged 0.00% to settle at 1.200 and Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which unchanged 0.00% to close at 2.200.
The worst performers were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was unchanged 0.00% to 0.900 in late trade, Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which unchanged 0.00% to settle at 5.92 and Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which was unchanged 0.00% to 1.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 20 to 10 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 0 fell and 0 advanced on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.99% or 0.69 to $69.06 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 1.24% or 0.99 to hit $79.06 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.06% or 0.70 to trade at $1226.70 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.16% to 4.2299.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 95.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or