The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which rose 5.76% or 0.220 points to trade at 4.040 at the close. National General Insurance Co PSC (DU: NGIN ) added 4.71% or 0.09 points to end at 2.00 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) was up 2.24% or 0.090 points to 4.110 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which lost 5.81% or 0.037 points to trade at 0.600 in late trade. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) declined 4.39% or 0.020 points to end at 0.436 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) shed 4.29% or 0.016 points to 0.357.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which rose 7.41% to 1.000, Methaq (AD: METH ) which was up 2.56% to settle at 0.800 and Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which gained 1.75% to close at 2.90.
The worst performers were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was down 1.46% to 0.5400 in late trade, Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which lost 1.31% to settle at 2.260 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was down 1.07% to 0.9200 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 15 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 rose and 8 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.30% or 0.22 to $72.06 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.31% or 0.25 to hit $81.01 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.15% or 1.80 to trade at $1203.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED fell 0.18% to 4.3149.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 93.88.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.