The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Oman Insurance Company P.S.C. (DU: OIC ), which rose 5.88% or 0.100 points to trade at 1.800 at the close. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) added 2.94% or 0.030 points to end at 1.050 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) was up 2.84% or 0.050 points to 1.810 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ), which lost 3.51% or 0.100 points to trade at 2.750 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 2.55% or 0.070 points to end at 2.670 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) shed 1.80% or 0.020 points to 1.090.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which rose 9.09% to 0.600, United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was up 8.09% to settle at 1.870 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which gained 3.57% to close at 2.900.
The worst performers were Ras Al Khaimah Poultry and Feeding Co (AD: RAKP ) which was down 8.82% to 3.10 in late trade, Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which lost 5.48% to settle at 0.690 and Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was down 4.67% to 1.430 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 17 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 rose and 9 declined, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 0.41% or 0.26 to $63.13 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 0.21% or 0.14 to hit $66.72 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.11% or 1.40 to trade at $1330.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.32% to 4.5325.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 89.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.