The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were National General Insurance Co PSC (DU: NGIN ), which rose 14.77% or 0.26 points to trade at 2.02 at the close. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) added 4.63% or 0.050 points to end at 1.130 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) was up 3.51% or 0.040 points to 1.180 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which lost 2.20% or 0.019 points to trade at 0.843 in late trade. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) declined 2.08% or 0.020 points to end at 0.940 and Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) shed 1.44% or 0.020 points to 1.370.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which rose 6.00% to 2.120, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was up 5.63% to settle at 1.500 and Rak Properties (AD: RPRO ) which gained 2.44% to close at 0.840.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 8.06% to 0.570 in late trade, Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which lost 3.45% to settle at 1.400 and Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was down 2.44% to 1.200 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 16 and 10 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 rose and 8 declined, while 14 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 0.67% or 0.43 to $63.87 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 1.35% or 0.95 to hit $69.31 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.12% or 1.60 to trade at $1333.30 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.47% to 4.4846.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.44% at 90.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.