The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 5.30% or 0.035 points to trade at 0.695 at the close. Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ) added 4.13% or 0.230 points to end at 5.800 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) was up 3.57% or 0.010 points to 0.290 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 5.66% or 0.120 points to trade at 2.000 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 1.72% or 0.040 points to end at 2.290 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) shed 1.30% or 0.013 points to 0.987.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which rose 4.12% to 1.0100, Emirates Ins C (AD: EIC ) which was up 2.90% to settle at 7.10 and Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which gained 1.75% to close at 0.580.
The worst performers were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which was down 9.09% to 2.60 in late trade, Gulf Medical Projects Co PSC (AD: GMPC ) which lost 5.26% to settle at 1.80 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 1.67% to 0.5900 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 13 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 7 declined, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 1.25% or 0.82 to $64.92 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 1.05% or 0.80 to hit $75.66 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.25% or 3.30 to trade at $1299.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.10% to 4.3278.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 93.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.