The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 8.04% or 0.050 points to trade at 0.672 at the close. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) added 7.85% or 0.150 points to end at 2.060 and Amlak Finance PJSC (DU: AMLK ) was up 5.34% or 0.038 points to 0.750 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which lost 7.78% or 0.070 points to trade at 0.830 in late trade. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) declined 3.43% or 0.027 points to end at 0.760 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) shed 1.04% or 0.010 points to 0.950.
The top performers on the ADX General were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which rose 6.67% to 0.6400, Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was up 6.38% to settle at 1.0000 and Emirates Telec (AD: ETEL ) which gained 2.48% to close at 16.55.
The worst performers were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was down 9.82% to 1.010 in late trade, Methaq (AD: METH ) which lost 5.00% to settle at 0.760 and Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 3.33% to 0.5800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 23 to 7 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 rose and 5 declined, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 1.17% or 0.86 to $74.31 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 2.09% or 1.62 to hit $79.23 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.26% or 3.20 to trade at $1254.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 1.01% to 4.2923.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.81% at 94.23.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.