The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which rose 7.69% or 0.300 points to trade at 4.200 at the close. ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) added 6.58% or 0.250 points to end at 4.050 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 5.99% or 0.039 points to 0.690 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Oman Insurance Company P.S.C. (DU: OIC ), which lost 7.69% or 0.150 points to trade at 1.800 in late trade. National General Insurance Co PSC (DU: NGIN ) declined 4.55% or 0.10 points to end at 2.10 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 1.66% or 0.007 points to 0.415.
The top performers on the ADX General were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which rose 14.94% to 3.00, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 4.35% to settle at 0.720 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 3.00% to close at 1.0300.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which was down 9.71% to 2.51 in late trade, Foodco Holding PJSC (AD: FOOD ) which lost 5.78% to settle at 3.75 and Emirates Ins C (AD: EIC ) which was down 1.43% to 6.90 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 28 to 6 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 rose and 7 declined, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.56% or 0.37 to $65.44 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 1.11% or 0.85 to hit $75.94 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.03% or 0.40 to trade at $1298.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.53% to 4.3062.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.45% at 93.74.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.