The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which rose 7.43% or 0.240 points to trade at 3.470 at the close. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) added 2.92% or 0.011 points to end at 0.388 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) was up 1.82% or 0.020 points to 1.120 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ), which lost 2.76% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.410 in late trade. DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) declined 1.34% or 0.010 points to end at 0.737 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) shed 1.29% or 0.01 points to 0.69.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which rose 11.57% to 1.350, Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was up 6.67% to settle at 0.800 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which gained 4.00% to close at 0.520.
The worst performers were Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was down 3.08% to 1.260 in late trade, Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which lost 1.27% to settle at 5.43 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which was down 1.16% to 0.850 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 17 to 15 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 rose and 6 declined, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 2.55% or 1.16 to $44.36 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 2.66% or 1.28 to hit $46.83 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.93% or 11.32 to trade at $1211.98 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.21% to 4.1870.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 95.78.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.