The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which rose 2.61% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.180 at the close. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) added 2.05% or 0.008 points to end at 0.399 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) was up 1.83% or 0.01 points to 0.72 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 3.48% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.110 in late trade. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) declined 1.74% or 0.070 points to end at 3.960 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 1.67% or 0.090 points to 5.310.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which rose 5.93% to 1.430, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was up 4.00% to settle at 1.300 and Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which gained 3.23% to close at 3.20.
The worst performers were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was down 8.74% to 0.940 in late trade, Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which lost 2.74% to settle at 4.620 and Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was down 1.61% to 1.220 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 16 to 15 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 5 declined, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 0.34% or 0.16 to $46.56 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.49% or 0.24 to hit $49.08 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.22% or 2.78 to trade at $1239.12 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED fell 0.25% to 4.2334.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 94.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.