The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which rose 9.00% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.090 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 7.02% or 0.080 points to end at 1.220 and Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) was up 4.55% or 0.027 points to 0.620 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ), which lost 1.74% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.130 in late trade. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) declined 1.66% or 0.009 points to end at 0.534 and Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) shed 1.64% or 0.020 points to 1.200.
The top performers on the ADX General were Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which rose 8.40% to 1.290, Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which was up 6.05% to settle at 2.28 and Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which gained 4.76% to close at 0.440.
The worst performers were Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which was down 3.33% to 2.900 in late trade, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which lost 2.20% to settle at 0.8900 and Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was down 1.36% to 1.450 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 23 to 12 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 5 declined, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 0.71% or 0.37 to $51.80 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 0.33% or 0.18 to hit $54.87 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.17% or 2.05 to trade at $1238.15 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED fell 0.28% to 3.9117.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 100.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.