The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 14.29% or 0.160 points to trade at 1.280 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 4.65% or 0.028 points to end at 0.630 and Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) was up 2.96% or 0.015 points to 0.521 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ), which lost 4.62% or 3.00 points to trade at 62.00 in late trade. Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) declined 3.05% or 0.080 points to end at 2.540 and Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) shed 0.88% or 0.010 points to 1.130.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which rose 11.11% to 1.0000, Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was up 10.81% to settle at 1.230 and Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which gained 9.38% to close at 0.700.
The worst performers were Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was down 2.70% to 0.360 in late trade, Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which lost 2.00% to settle at 2.450 and Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which was down 1.36% to 2.170 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 15 and 9 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 20 rose and 6 declined, while 11 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 0.30% or 0.16 to $53.90 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March rose 0.16% or 0.09 to hit $57.05 a barrel, while the February Gold contract rose 0.59% or 6.75 to trade at $1147.65 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.56% to 3.8466.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.48% at 102.74.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.