The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were National Cement Company P.S.C. (DU: NCC ), which rose 14.84% or 0.460 points to trade at 3.560 at the close. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) added 5.84% or 0.080 points to end at 1.450 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) was up 5.17% or 0.060 points to 1.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 3.97% or 0.05 points to trade at 1.21 in late trade. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) declined 2.70% or 0.030 points to end at 1.080 and National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) shed 2.11% or 0.040 points to 1.860.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which rose 13.04% to 0.520, National Marine Dredging PSC (AD: NMDC ) which was up 4.44% to settle at 4.700 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 3.75% to close at 0.830.
The worst performers were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which was down 9.83% to 1.560 in late trade, National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which lost 9.09% to settle at 0.60 and Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was down 5.61% to 1.010 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 19 to 13 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 rose and 8 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 0.91% or 0.46 to $50.81 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 1.07% or 0.57 to hit $53.70 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.19% or 2.40 to trade at $1247.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6728, while EUR/AED fell 0.13% to 3.9153.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 100.42.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.