The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 6.92% or 0.033 points to trade at 0.510 at the close. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) added 5.77% or 0.090 points to end at 1.650 and Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) was up 4.78% or 0.047 points to 1.030 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which lost 9.24% or 0.110 points to trade at 1.080 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 4.22% or 0.043 points to end at 0.977 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) shed 1.25% or 0.020 points to 1.580.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Natl Ins Co (AD: ADNI ) which rose 14.73% to 2.960, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which was up 9.09% to settle at 1.0800 and Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which gained 6.38% to close at 0.500.
The worst performers were Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which was down 8.55% to 2.140 in late trade, United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which lost 7.50% to settle at 1.850 and Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 5.08% to 0.560 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 27 to 12 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 rose and 8 declined, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 0.76% or 0.40 to $53.33 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 0.88% or 0.49 to hit $56.08 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.34% or 4.20 to trade at $1230.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6728, while EUR/AED rose 0.21% to 3.9005.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.15% at 100.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.