The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ), which rose 2.14% or 0.011 points to trade at 0.526 at the close. Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) added 1.74% or 0.020 points to end at 1.170 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 1.70% or 0.016 points to 0.957 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 9.76% or 0.12 points to trade at 1.11 in late trade. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) declined 1.72% or 0.020 points to end at 1.140 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) shed 1.18% or 0.009 points to 0.751.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Islami (AD: SIB ) which rose 4.38% to 1.430, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 3.64% to settle at 0.570 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which gained 3.57% to close at 0.580.
The worst performers were Foodco Holding PJSC (AD: FOOD ) which was down 7.85% to 5.99 in late trade, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which lost 1.82% to settle at 1.0800 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was down 1.38% to 5.000 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 18 to 14 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 rose and 5 declined, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 0.11% or 0.05 to $46.48 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 0.06% or 0.03 to hit $49.37 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.07% or 0.85 to trade at $1226.25 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.25% to 4.0027.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 99.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.