The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ), which rose 8.63% or 0.120 points to trade at 1.510 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 4.35% or 0.050 points to end at 1.200 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) was up 3.88% or 0.040 points to 1.070 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 3.46% or 0.090 points to trade at 2.510 in late trade. Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) declined 3.15% or 0.040 points to end at 1.230 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) shed 2.76% or 0.040 points to 1.410.
The top performers on the ADX General were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which rose 4.71% to 0.8900, Rak Properties (AD: RPRO ) which was up 1.30% to settle at 0.780 and Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which gained 0.77% to close at 3.930.
The worst performers were Ras Al Khaimah Poultry and Feeding Co (AD: RAKP ) which was down 9.97% to 2.80 in late trade, Fujairah Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: FCI ) which lost 9.84% to settle at 1.10 and Finance House (AD: FH ) which was down 4.76% to 1.800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 22 to 12 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 fell and 7 advanced, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 1.64% or 0.87 to $53.87 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 1.91% or 1.06 to hit $56.69 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.15% or 1.80 to trade at $1235.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED fell 0.16% to 3.9078.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 100.72.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.