The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 14.91% or 0.120 points to trade at 0.925 at the close. Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ) added 7.35% or 5.00 points to end at 73.00 and Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC (DU: DUBA ) was up 4.70% or 0.070 points to 1.560 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National General Insurance Co PSC (DU: NGIN ), which lost 9.80% or 0.24 points to trade at 2.21 in late trade. Dubai National Insurance (DU: DNIN ) declined 7.76% or 0.190 points to end at 2.260 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) shed 1.69% or 0.02 points to 1.16.
The top performers on the ADX General were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which rose 4.00% to 0.7800, Methaq (AD: METH ) which was up 3.95% to settle at 0.790 and Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which gained 3.28% to close at 1.260.
The worst performers were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 4.49% to 0.8500 in late trade, Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which lost 0.33% to settle at 6.12 and Fujairah Building Industries Co PSC (AD: FBI ) which was unchanged 0.00% to 1.08 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 29 to 8 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 4 declined, while 11 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 0.71% or 0.34 to $47.30 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 0.63% or 0.31 to hit $48.73 a barrel, while the August Gold contract rose 0.79% or 10.50 to trade at $1332.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 1.01% to 4.0423.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.90% at 96.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.