The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ), which rose 7.84% or 0.400 points to trade at 5.500 at the close. Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) added 5.35% or 0.023 points to end at 0.453 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) was up 5.00% or 0.029 points to 0.609 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 4.55% or 0.100 points to trade at 2.100 in late trade. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) declined 3.42% or 0.04 points to end at 1.13 and Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC (DU: DUBA ) shed 1.55% or 0.020 points to 1.270.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which rose 5.45% to 2.90, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 4.26% to settle at 0.490 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 2.50% to close at 0.820.
The worst performers were Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which was down 6.76% to 1.38 in late trade, Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which lost 5.96% to settle at 2.21 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was down 4.41% to 3.25 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 24 to 6 and 3 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 rose and 9 declined, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.40% or 0.19 to $47.89 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 0.56% or 0.27 to hit $48.08 a barrel, while the June Gold contract fell 0.80% or 9.95 to trade at $1241.55 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.32% to 4.1078.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.17% at 95.39.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.