The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ), which rose 6.48% or 0.260 points to trade at 4.270 at the close. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) added 3.28% or 0.040 points to end at 1.260 and AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ) was up 2.63% or 0.030 points to 1.170 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ), which lost 1.19% or 0.030 points to trade at 2.490 in late trade. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) declined 0.69% or 0.01 points to end at 0.71 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 0.40% or 0.003 points to 0.755.
The top performers on the ADX General were Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which rose 6.67% to 3.20, Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which was up 5.83% to settle at 1.090 and Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which gained 5.08% to close at 3.10.
The worst performers were Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 4.94% to 0.770 in late trade, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which lost 1.47% to settle at 0.670 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was down 1.26% to 2.350 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 23 to 10 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 rose and 6 declined, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 1.00% or 0.46 to $46.54 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 1.30% or 0.63 to hit $49.05 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.95% or 11.58 to trade at $1228.88 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.63% to 4.2131.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.69% at 94.90.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.