The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which rose 4.27% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.220 at the close. Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) added 3.91% or 0.050 points to end at 1.330 and Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) was up 2.75% or 0.030 points to 1.120 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which lost 2.29% or 0.060 points to trade at 2.560 in late trade. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) declined 1.91% or 0.019 points to end at 0.976 and SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) shed 1.84% or 0.030 points to 1.600.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which rose 10.53% to 0.420, Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was up 2.75% to settle at 2.240 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which gained 1.97% to close at 2.590.
The worst performers were Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 8.42% to 0.870 in late trade, Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which lost 6.64% to settle at 2.25 and Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was down 4.08% to 2.350 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 20 to 14 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 rose and 11 declined, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 0.35% or 0.19 to $54.02 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April rose 0.05% or 0.03 to hit $56.84 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.40% or 4.85 to trade at $1225.65 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED fell 0.44% to 3.9442.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 99.92.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.