The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which rose 5.80% or 0.370 points to trade at 6.750 at the close. Dubai Parks and Resorts PJSC (DU: DUBA ) added 5.11% or 0.070 points to end at 1.440 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) was up 4.17% or 0.040 points to 1.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ), which lost 8.86% or 7.00 points to trade at 72.00 in late trade. National General Insurance Co PSC (DU: NGIN ) declined 7.04% or 0.25 points to end at 3.30 and Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) shed 3.33% or 0.020 points to 0.580.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which rose 6.06% to 0.350, Natl Bk Of Ad (AD: NBAD ) which was up 5.52% to settle at 8.99 and Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which gained 4.19% to close at 4.23.
The worst performers were Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which was down 3.61% to 0.800 in late trade, Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which lost 2.35% to settle at 0.8300 and Natl Co Bldg M (AD: BILD ) which was down 1.96% to 0.500 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 10 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 14 rose and 8 declined, while 4 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was down 0.10% or 0.04 to $41.72 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.02% or 0.01 to hit $44.19 a barrel, while the June Gold contract fell 0.54% or 6.70 to trade at $1241.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED fell 0.07% to 4.1366.
The US Dollar Index was up 0.14% at 94.94.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.