The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which rose 11.59% or 0.107 points to trade at 1.030 at the close. Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) added 4.88% or 0.030 points to end at 0.645 and Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ) was up 3.09% or 0.060 points to 2.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which lost 2.35% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.660 in late trade. Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) declined 0.96% or 0.008 points to end at 0.822 and Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ) 0.00% or 0.00 points to 63.00.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which rose 14.00% to 0.570, Em Driving Co (AD: DRIV ) which was up 3.57% to settle at 7.25 and Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which gained 2.39% to close at 3.850.
The worst performers were Finance House (AD: FH ) which was down 4.30% to 1.780 in late trade, Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which lost 1.76% to settle at 2.230 and First Gulf Bk (AD: FGB ) which was down 1.19% to 12.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 27 to 6 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 11 rose and 7 declined, while 13 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was up 2.75% or 1.23 to $45.99 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 3.05% or 1.41 to hit $47.66 a barrel, while the August Gold contract fell 0.50% or 6.80 to trade at $1349.80 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.29% to 4.0736.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.24% at 96.35.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.