The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai Islamic Bank (DU: DISB ), which rose 3.35% or 0.180 points to trade at 5.560 at the close. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) added 2.37% or 0.050 points to end at 2.160 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 2.11% or 0.050 points to 2.420 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 1.69% or 0.02 points to trade at 1.16 in late trade. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) declined 0.95% or 0.010 points to end at 1.040 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 0.92% or 0.030 points to 3.220.
The top performers on the ADX General were Emirates Telec (AD: ETEL ) which rose 3.68% to 19.70, Ad Islamic Bk (AD: ADIB ) which was up 2.86% to settle at 3.960 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 2.50% to close at 0.820.
The worst performers were Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which was down 3.13% to 1.55 in late trade, Ad Commercial (AD: ADCB ) which lost 2.27% to settle at 6.02 and Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was down 2.13% to 1.380 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 21 to 10 and 4 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 rose and 8 declined, while 7 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for August delivery was down 1.35% or 0.63 to $46.17 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 1.69% or 0.82 to hit $47.65 a barrel, while the August Gold contract rose 0.24% or 3.25 to trade at $1338.55 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED rose 0.19% to 4.0711.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.20% at 96.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.