The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which rose 6.87% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.400 at the close. Deyaar Development PJSC (DU: DEYR ) added 4.84% or 0.030 points to end at 0.650 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) was up 4.05% or 0.070 points to 1.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Oman Insurance Company P.S.C. (DU: OIC ), which lost 10.00% or 0.170 points to trade at 1.530 in late trade. Commercial Bank of Dubai P.S.C. (DU: CBD ) declined 8.71% or 0.540 points to end at 5.660 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) shed 5.17% or 0.033 points to 0.605.
The top performers on the ADX General were Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which rose 13.74% to 7.70, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which was up 11.11% to settle at 0.600 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 8.86% to close at 0.8600.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 9.67% to 2.71 in late trade, Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which lost 2.78% to settle at 0.350 and Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which was down 2.37% to 2.88 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 20 to 9 and 1 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 22 rose and 5 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 6.39% or 2.38 to $39.64 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 6.14% or 2.42 to hit $41.85 a barrel, while the June Gold contract rose 0.36% or 4.50 to trade at $1242.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED rose 0.16% to 4.1870.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.30% at 94.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.