The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which rose 10.00% or 0.12 points to trade at 1.32 at the close. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) added 8.33% or 0.090 points to end at 1.170 and National General Insurance Co PSC (DU: NGIN ) was up 5.71% or 0.10 points to 1.85 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ), which lost 2.03% or 0.030 points to trade at 1.450 in late trade. Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) declined 1.86% or 0.030 points to end at 1.580 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 1.40% or 0.060 points to 4.240.
The top performers on the ADX General were Fujairah Cement Industries Co PSC (AD: FCI ) which rose 8.82% to 1.11, Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which was up 5.99% to settle at 2.300 and Int Fish Farmi (AD: ASMK ) which gained 4.12% to close at 1.77.
The worst performers were Abu Dhabi National Hotels Co (AD: ADNH ) which was down 9.81% to 2.85 in late trade, Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which lost 8.47% to settle at 0.540 and Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 5.32% to 2.490 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 29 to 11 and 2 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 17 rose and 11 declined, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 4.41% or 2.27 to $53.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 4.14% or 2.25 to hit $56.58 a barrel, while the February Gold contract fell 0.42% or 4.90 to trade at $1157.00 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6731, while EUR/AED rose 0.39% to 3.8958.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.31% at 101.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.