The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were AJMAN BANK PJSC (DU: AJBNK ), which rose 1.87% or 0.020 points to trade at 1.090 at the close. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) added 1.74% or 0.040 points to end at 2.340 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) was up 1.16% or 0.050 points to 4.350 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which lost 2.02% or 0.007 points to trade at 0.340 in late trade. National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ) declined 1.85% or 0.030 points to end at 1.590 and Islamic Arab Insurance Company (DU: SALAMA ) shed 1.57% or 0.007 points to 0.440.
The top performers on the ADX General were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which rose 3.92% to 1.0600, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which was up 1.65% to settle at 1.850 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 1.22% to close at 0.830.
The worst performers were Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was down 6.94% to 0.6700 in late trade, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which lost 6.85% to settle at 0.680 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was down 4.91% to 3.680 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 23 to 9 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 fell and 9 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for May delivery was up 1.14% or 0.71 to $62.84 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in May rose 1.18% or 0.78 to hit $66.83 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.39% or 5.20 to trade at $1312.60 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.26% to 4.5205.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 89.66.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.