The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 4.88% or 0.100 points to trade at 2.150 at the close. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) added 2.96% or 0.024 points to end at 0.835 and Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) was up 2.39% or 0.01 points to 0.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ), which lost 2.35% or 0.080 points to trade at 3.320 in late trade. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) declined 2.10% or 0.050 points to end at 2.330 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 1.85% or 0.016 points to 0.847.
The top performers on the ADX General were Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which rose 5.88% to 0.7200, Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which was up 3.33% to settle at 2.790 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which gained 2.74% to close at 0.750.
The worst performers were Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which was down 6.67% to 2.80 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 4.44% to settle at 0.430 and Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was down 3.27% to 3.840 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 17 to 15 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 6 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 0.54% or 0.30 to $56.26 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.77% or 0.47 to hit $61.69 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.66% or 8.30 to trade at $1257.80 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.15% to 4.3262.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 93.71.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.