The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ), which rose 3.68% or 0.028 points to trade at 0.789 at the close. Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) added 1.65% or 0.020 points to end at 1.230 and Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) was up 1.63% or 0.040 points to 2.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 3.85% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.000 in late trade. Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ) declined 3.42% or 2.50 points to end at 70.50 and Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ) shed 2.81% or 0.027 points to 0.935.
The top performers on the ADX General were Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which rose 11.11% to 0.300, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was up 4.35% to settle at 0.7200 and Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which gained 1.56% to close at 1.300.
The worst performers were Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which was down 6.54% to 1.0000 in late trade, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which lost 3.80% to settle at 0.760 and Methaq (AD: METH ) which was down 2.30% to 0.850 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 12 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 9 fell and 8 advanced, while 9 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 1.60% or 0.81 to $51.41 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 1.65% or 0.93 to hit $57.18 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.69% or 8.90 to trade at $1305.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.09% to 4.3423.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.02% at 92.92.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.