The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which rose 2.30% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.780 at the close. Dubai Investments PJSC (DU: DINV ) added 1.18% or 0.030 points to end at 2.570 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) was up 0.78% or 0.005 points to 0.648 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dubai Islamic Insurance Co. (DU: AMAN ), which lost 3.30% or 0.027 points to trade at 0.792 in late trade. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) declined 1.74% or 0.020 points to end at 1.130 and Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ) shed 1.57% or 0.006 points to 0.376.
The top performers on the ADX General were International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which rose 2.07% to 1.48, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which was up 1.52% to settle at 0.6700 and Natl Bk Of Rak (AD: RAKB ) which gained 1.05% to close at 4.80.
The worst performers were National Takaful Co PJSC (AD: WATA ) which was down 9.09% to 0.50 in late trade, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which lost 7.62% to settle at 1.940 and Al Khaleej Investment Co PJSC (AD: KICO ) which was down 3.54% to 3.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 13 and 5 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 12 fell and 9 advanced, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was down 0.87% or 0.51 to $58.44 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 0.16% or 0.10 to hit $63.57 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.50% or 6.42 to trade at $1293.72 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.07% to 4.3845.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 92.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.