The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 3.72% or 0.070 points to trade at 1.950 at the close. Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) added 1.81% or 0.060 points to end at 3.380 and Emaar Development PJSC (DU: EMAARDEV ) was up 1.59% or 0.090 points to 5.750 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which lost 2.11% or 0.040 points to trade at 1.860 in late trade. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) declined 1.88% or 0.050 points to end at 2.610 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) shed 1.87% or 0.020 points to 1.050.
The top performers on the ADX General were Nat Bk Qaiwain (AD: NBQ ) which rose 10.00% to 2.97, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which was up 3.64% to settle at 0.570 and Gulf Cement Co (AD: GCEM ) which gained 1.87% to close at 1.0900.
The worst performers were Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 3.90% to 0.740 in late trade, Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which lost 2.20% to settle at 0.890 and Waha Capital (AD: WAHA ) which was down 1.84% to 2.130 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 10 and 11 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 8 fell and 8 advanced, while 15 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was up 1.08% or 0.71 to $66.22 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $70.15 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 1.06% or 14.50 to trade at $1348.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.01% to 3.6729, while EUR/AED rose 0.18% to 4.5621.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.36% at 88.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.