The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which rose 0.91% or 0.010 points to trade at 1.110 at the close. Air Arabia PJSC (DU: AIRA ) added 0.88% or 0.010 points to end at 1.150 and Damac Properties Dubai Co PSC (DU: DAMAC ) was up 0.76% or 0.030 points to 3.990 in late trade.
Biggest losers included National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which lost 3.26% or 0.070 points to trade at 2.080 in late trade. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) declined 3.20% or 0.040 points to end at 1.210 and Gulf Navigation Holding PJSC (DU: GNAV ) shed 2.96% or 0.040 points to 1.310.
The top performers on the ADX General were Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which rose 6.85% to 2.650, Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which was up 3.77% to settle at 1.100 and Gulf Pharm Ind (AD: GPHI ) which gained 2.92% to close at 2.470.
The worst performers were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was down 9.36% to 2.130 in late trade, Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which lost 3.77% to settle at 1.020 and Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was down 2.94% to 0.330 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 10 and 8 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 15 fell and 10 advanced, while 3 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 0.51% or 0.25 to $49.42 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October rose 0.54% or 0.28 to hit $52.42 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.87% or 10.96 to trade at $1273.56 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.16% to 4.3112.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 93.50.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.