The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were National Central Cooling Co. (DU: TABR ), which rose 4.42% or 0.080 points to trade at 1.890 at the close. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) added 2.54% or 0.030 points to end at 1.210 and Emirates NBD PJSC (DU: ENBD ) was up 1.75% or 0.140 points to 8.150 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ), which lost 3.45% or 0.02 points to trade at 0.56 in late trade. Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) declined 2.35% or 0.050 points to end at 2.080 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) shed 2.27% or 0.100 points to 4.300.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which rose 9.09% to 3.000, Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was up 6.61% to settle at 2.740 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which gained 3.17% to close at 0.650.
The worst performers were Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which was down 4.92% to 1.160 in late trade, Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which lost 3.45% to settle at 0.560 and Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was down 2.44% to 0.400 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 20 to 14 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 fell and 8 advanced, while 8 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 0.19% or 0.11 to $57.98 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February fell 0.26% or 0.17 to hit $64.39 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.07% or 0.90 to trade at $1268.70 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.02% to 3.6724, while EUR/AED fell 0.02% to 4.3599.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 92.95.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.