The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Dubai National Insurance (DU: DNIN ), which rose 10.78% or 0.330 points to trade at 3.390 at the close. Dubai Insurance Co PSC (DU: DINC ) added 4.48% or 0.150 points to end at 3.500 and Emaar Malls (DU: EMAA ) was up 2.25% or 0.050 points to 2.270 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ), which lost 5.61% or 0.110 points to trade at 1.850 in late trade. Marka Pjse (DU: MARKA ) declined 5.18% or 0.03 points to end at 0.53 and Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) shed 4.92% or 0.130 points to 2.510.
The top performers on the ADX General were Green Crs Ins (AD: GCIC ) which rose 11.39% to 0.880, Al Khazna Ins (AD: AKIC ) which was up 3.70% to settle at 0.280 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which gained 3.51% to close at 0.590.
The worst performers were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which was down 10.00% to 4.05 in late trade, Union Cement (AD: UCC ) which lost 9.85% to settle at 1.190 and Commercial Bank International (AD: CBI ) which was down 9.57% to 1.040 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 26 to 10 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 16 fell and 9 advanced, while 6 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 3.42% or 2.09 to $59.06 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 3.38% or 2.19 to hit $62.62 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.07% or 0.90 to trade at $1318.10 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was down 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED fell 0.12% to 4.4939.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 90.22.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.