The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Takaful Emarat PSC (DU: TKFE ), which rose 4.76% or 0.090 points to trade at 1.980 at the close. Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ) added 2.86% or 0.070 points to end at 2.520 and ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ) was up 2.27% or 0.100 points to 4.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Emaar Properties PJSC (DU: EMAR ), which lost 2.80% or 0.180 points to trade at 6.250 in late trade. Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) declined 1.98% or 0.018 points to end at 0.890 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 1.90% or 0.011 points to 0.569.
The top performers on the ADX General were Sharjah Cement AD (AD: SCID ) which rose 8.26% to 1.180, Rak Ceramics (AD: RKCE ) which was up 3.00% to settle at 3.090 and Bank Of Sharja (AD: BOS ) which gained 2.59% to close at 1.190.
The worst performers were National Bank of Fujairah PJSC (AD: NBF ) which was down 9.91% to 3.00 in late trade, Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which lost 2.86% to settle at 1.020 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 2.86% to 0.680 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 18 to 18 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 10 fell and 8 advanced, while 11 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for March delivery was down 0.71% or 0.42 to $58.77 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in April fell 0.33% or 0.21 to hit $62.51 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract rose 0.26% or 3.40 to trade at $1333.80 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.02% to 4.5373.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 89.59.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.