The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Arabtec Holding PJSC (DU: ARTC ), which rose 3.24% or 0.060 points to trade at 1.910 at the close. Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) added 1.72% or 0.011 points to end at 0.650 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) was up 1.61% or 0.016 points to 1.010 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gulf General Investments Company (DU: GGIC ), which lost 3.14% or 0.009 points to trade at 0.278 in late trade. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) declined 1.79% or 0.020 points to end at 1.100 and DXB Entertainments (P.J.S.C.) (DU: DXBE ) shed 1.60% or 0.006 points to 0.368.
The top performers on the ADX General were Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which rose 11.17% to 1.990, Union Natl Bk (AD: UNB ) which was up 3.38% to settle at 3.670 and Ad Aviation (AD: ADAV ) which gained 1.69% to close at 3.000.
The worst performers were Ras Al Khaimah Poultry and Feeding Co (AD: RAKP ) which was down 10.00% to 2.43 in late trade, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which lost 3.23% to settle at 0.600 and Agthia Group (AD: AGTH ) which was down 3.09% to 4.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 21 to 11 and 6 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 13 rose and 12 declined, while 5 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was down 0.21% or 0.15 to $71.16 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July fell 0.69% or 0.54 to hit $77.89 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract fell 0.03% or 0.40 to trade at $1289.90 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was up 0.01% to 3.6733, while EUR/AED fell 0.38% to 4.3312.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 93.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.