The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were ARAMEX PJSC (DU: ARMX ), which rose 3.02% or 0.130 points to trade at 4.430 at the close. Drake & Scull International PJSC (DU: DSI ) added 2.88% or 0.020 points to end at 0.715 and Union Properties PJSC (DU: UPRO ) was up 1.23% or 0.009 points to 0.739 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Takaful House (DU: DTKF ), which lost 4.28% or 0.036 points to trade at 0.805 in late trade. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) declined 3.74% or 0.040 points to end at 1.030 and Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ) shed 2.34% or 0.030 points to 1.250.
The top performers on the ADX General were United Arab Bk (AD: UAB ) which rose 14.85% to 1.160, Ad Shipbldg Co (AD: ADSB ) which was up 4.15% to settle at 2.010 and Eshraq Properties Co PJSC (AD: ESHR ) which gained 1.59% to close at 0.6400.
The worst performers were International Holding Company PJSC (AD: IHC ) which was down 2.31% to 1.27 in late trade, Arkan Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: ARKN ) which lost 1.72% to settle at 0.5700 and Aldar Properti (AD: ALDR ) which was down 1.44% to 2.060 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 19 to 8 and 11 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 9 fell and 8 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 0.30% or 0.20 to $67.27 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September rose 0.38% or 0.27 to hit $72.11 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.14% or 1.70 to trade at $1241.40 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6730, while EUR/AED rose 0.01% to 4.3022.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 94.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.