The biggest gainers of the session on the DFM General were Mashreqbank PSC (DU: MASB ), which rose 7.38% or 5.50 points to trade at 80.00 at the close. Dubai Islamic Bank (DU: DISB ) added 0.80% or 0.040 points to end at 5.010 and Dubai Financial Market PJSC (DU: DFM ) was up 0.31% or 0.003 points to 0.980 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Amanat Holdings PJSC (DU: AMANT ), which lost 4.00% or 0.050 points to trade at 1.200 in late trade. SHUAA Capital PSC (DU: SHUA ) declined 3.70% or 0.040 points to end at 1.040 and Takaful House (DU: DTKF ) shed 3.65% or 0.028 points to 0.740.
The top performers on the ADX General were Invest Bank AD (AD: INVB ) which rose 10.53% to 2.520, Abu Dhabi National for Building Materials Co PJSC (AD: BILD ) which was up 10.20% to settle at 0.540 and Ad Natl Energy (AD: TAQA ) which gained 2.54% to close at 1.210.
The worst performers were Rak Cmt & Cons (AD: RAKC ) which was down 8.99% to 0.810 in late trade, Dana Gas (AD: DANA ) which lost 1.80% to settle at 1.090 and Rak Cement Co (AD: RKCC ) which was down 1.30% to 0.760 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 22 to 7 and 10 ended unchanged; on the Abu Dhabi, 7 fell and 6 advanced, while 10 ended unchanged on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was down 0.85% or 0.59 to $69.02 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in September fell 0.24% or 0.18 to hit $74.36 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract fell 0.29% or 3.50 to trade at $1222.20 a troy ounce.
USD/AED was unchanged 0.00% to 3.6732, while EUR/AED rose 0.11% to 4.2818.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 94.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.